[Catalyst] Requirement to add for C::A::Serialize::JSON to not give Content-Type application/json is not supported

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 18:47:17 GMT 2014

Hello and... Marry Christmas!

I tried to use Catalyst::Controller::REST, but it returned the error
"Content-Type application/json is not supported.".

I've seen that somehow I had the module Catalyst::Action::Serialize::JSON
installed, so it should have been working.
I checked its source code and I've seen that it uses the module
JSON::MaybeXS, but I didn't have that module.
I installed it and now it works fine.

This is just a note that may be helpful for others that may have this
problem.
Also maybe JSON::MaybeXS will be added as a requirement for
Catalyst::Action::Serialize::JSON.

--Octavian