[Catalyst] Monitoring Catalyst on Apache2 & FastCGI

Bernhard Bauch bauch at zsi.at
Thu Jun 5 11:39:25 GMT 2014

Dear all,

i can believe that there is no monitoring tool for catalyst-application
in production.
how do you debug/monitor your catalyst applications, if suddenly your
perl/fcgi process are becoming bigger and bigger or an APP is no
responsing for some time ?
one need to fine out, which request with which parameters burdens your
apps...
of course the catalyst-logs (in debug-mode) gives you all information
about a request, but its kind of hard to read/grep through tons of
production logs ...

i guess there are some middleware plugins for starman or PSGI, but the
ones i found are specially not ment to be used in a production
environemnt...
any ideas ?

cheers,
bernhard