[Catalyst] Monitoring Catalyst on Apache2 & FastCGI
nonsolosoft at diff.org
Thu Jun 5 12:01:05 GMT 2014
On 05/06/2014 13:39, Bernhard Bauch wrote:
> Dear all,
> i can believe that there is no monitoring tool for catalyst-application
> in production.
I've a catalyst app in production as external fastcgi since 8 years, the
only one time it had troubles was for a disk failure.
Anyway you can have application testing script, you can run them to
check if the application is still in a working state.
My opinion is:
1) use system monitor like nagios and such to verify that your system is
up and running
2) use nagios to test if your database is up and running, accepting new
3) test with nagios if your app is still answering via http
4) run application level test as many time you want (daily or weekly)
and at least each time you upgrade system or application.
Application level tests are for business logic, for features, for security.
5) improve and refine application level test each time you have a bug report
I really don't see any need of better monitoring tool.
More information about the Catalyst