[Catalyst] Feasibility questions ref transition to Catalyst

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 12:29:43 GMT 2015

I have several virtual hosts running under Apache 2.4 on my private Debian
7 64-bit server.  The host websites are hand-written using some Perl 5 CGI
but are mostly static. I am currently not using mod_perl or fast CGI. All
but one of my sites use strict https.

I am considering a move to Catalyst but would like to know:

1.  Is possible to move to Catalyst incrementally?  In other words, can I
start deploying Catalyst using at least some of my existing static code?

2.  Another concern is how the virtual hosts are served by Catalyst. Can
there be multiple instances of Catalyst, or do I have to do some fancy
footwork to handle virtual hosts with one instance.

3. I see the Catalyst book is several years old. Is it still reasonably
current for reference?

Thank you for your assistance and patience.

Best regards,

-Tom