[Catalyst] Rackspace Ubuntu 14.04

Robert Brown rob at intelcompute.com
Wed May 13 17:26:40 GMT 2015

Not to answer your actual question, but...

Have you also thought using Perlbrew http://perlbrew.pl

As regular user, you can install any version of Perl locally (to your
home dir), plus all the modules via cpanm, and keep everything
self-contained for a particular user.

It's made our deployments a breeze, rather than dealing with the
system-wide perl, etc.

(There's also local::lib tho I've not delved into that myself).

Hope it helps a little.

Rob