[Catalyst] mod_fastcgi config for a Catalyst app.

Andrew catalystgroup at unitedgames.co.uk
Mon Oct 19 12:54:58 GMT 2015

Many thanks on the advice as regards stopping and restarting, =).

I now gather your other bit of advice however, isn't quite the case....
As per the Catalyst Wiki's documentation, the path has to be real, but the
file can be entirely fictional.

I just added lines to the includes file referenced within the virtual host
tag of a subdomain, to also load the same Catalyst app.

I.e. one domain name that runs the app in the browser,
and another domain name's subdomain also running the same app in the
browser.
Two urls running one app.

Yet the lines I added to the subdomain's virtual host tag includes file,
caused Apache to fail to restart, if they contained the
/home/gamextra/public_html/GXCatalystTest/script/gxcatalysttest_fastcgi.pl
path - simply because, the subdomain virtual host, didn't have access to
that path (that's my best guess at least).
So I followed the wiki's advice (must be to a directory that exists and is
readable by the user), and changed it simply to:
/tmp/gxcatalysttest_fastcgi.pl
...even though there is no gxcatalysttest_fastcgi.pl in that directory
("even though the path must exist, the file is essentially bogus").
And it worked, =).

Got a subdomain on one domain, and the root of another domain, both pointing
to the same web app, =).

Top banana! =)

If the name of the file really doesn't have to be accurate, I'm thinking
next, I might experiment changing .pl to .fcgi since the wiki also warned
Catalyst gets confused otherwise, =S.
http://wiki.catalystframework.org/wiki/deployment/apache_fastcgi#Configure_A
pache