[Catalyst] Nginx FastCGI Timeout (even after increasing Nginx timeouts)

Kaare Rasmussen kaare at jasonic.dk
Thu Dec 6 07:49:29 GMT 2018

Hi Robert

> See http://web.lavoco.com/504-fastcgi-timeouts.png
>
> It would appear something other than Nginx is timing out, yet there
> are no timeout values to configure with all of the Perl modules used
> for FastCGI (that I can see).

ISTM that the first timeout is Nginx waiting for the backend to
complete. The second is the backend (the fastcgi server) killing the
process because it thinks it's hanging. I'm not aware which server
Catalyst uses as default for fastcgi these days, or if you deploy on
e.g. Plack. But you should probably look for a heatbeat_timeout or
something like that.

/kaare