[CiderWebmail] How to configure session store (or ciderwebmail in general)

Stefan Seifert nine at detonation.org
Mon Sep 2 07:00:00 GMT 2013

Hi Nikolaus,

On Sunday 01 September 2013 23:28:30 Nikolaus Rath wrote:

> I'm trying to set up my first ciderwebmail installation. With some
> educated guesses, I've got the ciderwebmail_fastcgi.pl script to run
> under fastcgi.

Can you tell us what things you had to guess? I'd love to put some docs
together to make it easier for people to install. Also please don't hesitate
to ask on this list if you come upon any other questions.

> However, as soon as I try to access the configured URL, I'm getting the
> following error:
>
> [Mon Sep 02 06:17:02 2013] [notice] Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)
> mod_auth_tkt/2.1.0 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/1.0.1e
> mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.7.3 configured -- resuming normal operations
> Open of share file /tmp/ciderwebmail/session_data failed: Permission
> denied at /usr/lib/perl5/Cache/FastMmap.pm line 640.

Try creating the /tmp/ciderwebmail directory and change the owner to the user
you're using for running CiderWebmail. E.g.:
mkdir /tmp/ciderwebmail
chown -R wwwrun /tmp/ciderwebmail

You may want to add it to your startup script.

This is not exactly a CiderWebmail problem. It can happen with any application
using the Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::FastMmap module. But the suggested
solution seems always to be the same:

http://www.google.com/search?q="Open+of+share+file"+"session_data"+failed

Maybe we should use some other session storage plugin. FastMmap can be an
annoyance with in house applications, but for an end user application it can
be a real problem.

> However, despite extensive googling and grepping, I was unable to find
> any documentation of how to configure the session storage, or generally
> what I can put into the ciderwebmail.conf file.

Ok, we definitely need some description of the config file. Thanks for that
hint.

Regards,
Stefan