[Config-loader] [Config Loader] Controlling the level at which a file is loaded or merged was updated

Config Loader noreply at google.com
Sat Aug 30 17:01:13 BST 2008

Clinton Gormley updated the page Controlling the level at which a file is  =

loaded or merged. View the changes below.
Color key: Insertion | Deletion

Once we have decided to load a file (and possibly to merge it), we need to  =

know at which level this operates, ie do we take the dir name or the file  =

name into account?

We can use load_level and merge_level to control the level at which the  =

contents of each file are inserted into the config hash.

load_level would default to ' path ' and merge_level would default to '  =

dir '.

If the user sets: arent_dir

load_level to ' dir ', then merge_level would default to ' parent_dir '.
load_level to ' file ', then merge_level would default to ' top '.
load_level to ' top ', then merge_level would default to ' top '.
load_level to ' parent_dir ', then merge_level would default to '  =

parent_dir '.
(Not sure if the above is correct)

Proposed levels
Given this tree structure:

-----------------------------------
config/
db/
main/
creds.yml:
host: db1.domain.com
username: dbuser
password: mypass
-----------------------------------

top
$config =3D {
host =3D> 'db1.domain.com',
username =3D> 'dbuser',
password =3D> 'mypass',
};

file
$config =3D {
creds =3D> {
host =3D> 'db1.domain.com',
username =3D> 'dbuser',
password =3D> 'mypass',
}
};

dir
$config =3D {
db =3D> {
main =3D> {
host =3D> 'db1.domain.com',
username =3D> 'dbuser',
password =3D> 'mypass',
}
}
};

path
$config =3D {
db =3D> {
main =3D> {
creds =3D> {
host =3D> 'db1.domain.com',
username =3D> 'dbuser',
password =3D> 'mypass',
}
}
}
};

parent_dir
$config =3D {
db =3D> {
host =3D> 'db1.domain.com',
username =3D> 'dbuser',
password =3D> 'mypass',
}
};

Go to page: Controlling the level at which a file is loaded or merged

any time.