[DBD-SQLite] Ideas for people on a recommended namespace forDBD::SQLite enhancement packages

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Fri Aug 14 19:06:38 GMT 2009

Another reason for the X convention is about reputation and credit, like with
trademarks.  The reason is for being able to distinguish at a glance between
official components made by or endorsed by the creators of the core project,
from those by third parties that are not endorsed; by default, everything from a
third party goes in X, or has a completely different name, unless the core
creators give them explicit permission to use the non-X.  There is a common
assumption that if someone has a project Foo::Bar, and then a module
Foo::Bar::Baz exists, that the latter is created by who made the former, and if
the latter is poor quality that could implicitly reflect badly on the creator of
the first.  Also, more than just DBIx and MooseX use the convention. -- Darren
Duncan