[DBD-SQLite] problems using sqlite with mod_perl in apache

Mike Campbell mike.campbell at oracle.com
Tue Dec 1 21:23:00 GMT 2009

I've developed a small app that uses a webpage to insert/delete data
into a sqlite database. The script work find when I run them from the
command line but not when run from the webpage.

For example,  using the following code:

$db = DBI->connect("dbi:SQLite2:dbname=/home/oracle/bugpush/bugpush.db",
"", "", { RaiseError => 1, AutoCommit => 1 }) || die( $DBI::errstr . "\n" );

$sth = $db->prepare("select api_key, bugno, last_update_date, analyst
from tracked_bugs order by bugno");
if(! defined($sth) || ! ($sth)) {
   print "Failed to prepare SQL statement:\n";
   print "$DBI::errstr\n";
   goto END;
}

In the apache error_log I see the following:

[Tue Dec 01 06:49:21 2009] [error] DBD::SQLite::db prepare failed: not
an error
at /home/oracle/bugpush/tracking.cgi

Oddly enough if I use the DBD::SQLite2 module this works just fine
(although the underlying db that is created is sqlite v2.x).

I have verified that this is not a permission problem as I have copied
the database file to /tmp/bugpush.db and set the permissions as 777 but
still get the same result.

Any ideas as to why this is failing to run with DBD-SQLite-1.27 but
works fine with DBD-SQLite2-0.33?