[DBD-SQLite] problems using sqlite with mod_perl in apache

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Tue Dec 1 22:12:17 GMT 2009

Mike, off-hand it looks like you're trying to use SQLite 2.x and SQLite 3.x on
the same database.  You can't do this as these 2 SQLite major versions are
incompatible with each other, with different file formats, and SQLite 3 won't
work with SQLite 2 files.  Make sure you are using just DBD::SQLite2 (SQLite 2)
or DBD::SQLite (SQLite 3) with the same database on both the command-line and in
your web app.  Note that the reason the DBD::SQLite which does SQLite v2 and v3
have different Perl package names is so that you can use both in the same
program at once, if you wanted to such as to do a conversion, though for
conversion using the SQLite command-line utility for dump and then load works
well, perhaps best, also. -- Darren Duncan