[DBD-SQLite] releasing another DBD::SQLite version now

Kenichi Ishigaki kishigaki at gmail.com
Tue May 26 00:32:53 GMT 2009

Hi, Darren.

It's important for us, *the maintainers* to test every sqlite
version to see if the latest one breaks (or fixes) DBD::SQLite
or not.

However, it's also important for us to give end users enough time
to test their applications against the latest (stable|unstable)
DBD::SQLite. It was only a month ago we released the last stable
version. That's hardly enough time.

As sqlite.org says, there's no compelling reason to upgrade
from 3.6.13 (our bundled version) to 3.6.14, except we may
benefit from minor performance improvement. 3.6.14.1 and
3.6.14.2 are only for users who upgraded to 3.6.14, so we
still have no good reason to upgrade it now.

Besides, I haven't finished to fix last glitches of #44871.
There're still several "croak"s and I'm thinking they're
simply to be removed (maybe with better argument handling)
but anyway I need to add a test or two to see if my assumption
is right or not, and I've been a bit busy for these weeks to
do that.

I asked Adam not to release too early in the commit log before.
It may be ok for my part to release another dev version, but
I think it's not a good time to release as sqlite is in its
dev release cycle. At least we should wait sqlite 3.6.15,
which probably will be out in a month or two.

Kenichi