[DBD-SQLite] Weird UTF-8 problem (solved)

Michael Lackhoff michael at lackhoff.de
Mon Nov 2 20:18:52 GMT 2009

>> I will check the 1.26 dev versions.
>
> I just checked them all. The change is from 1.26_05 to 1.26_06. All
> versions from 1.25 to 1.26_05 loose the UTF-8 flag, only 1.26_06 is ok.

Found it. I had a connect option "sqlite_unicode => 1" plus this
attribute setting: $dbh->{unicode} = 1;
My thought was that this would satisfy both attribute names (or just
because I tried everything to get it working). But in the web app the
$dbh->{unicode} setting was ignored for whatever reason. Everything
started working as soon as I changed the connect option to
"unicode => 1". This was recognized by all the versions (but won't for
future versions?)

Sorry for all the hazzle
-Michael