[DBIx-Class-Devel] Complete smoketesting including Firebird now available in master

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Mon Dec 3 11:16:10 GMT 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:27:38PM -0500, Brendan Byrd wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us> wrote:
> > Please do not disable/skip failing tests before discussing it with the
> > cabal. While it seems like common sense, last time travis was instituted
> > a lot of weird stuff got committed just to get a green.
>
> That was mostly around a Firebird test going FUBAR on 5.10.
> Eventually, DBD::Firebird just plain failed to install, so that whole
> incident seemed like an outside problem.

Both DBD::InterBase and DBD::Firebird now available, both from private
forks with some fixes sprinkled on top:
https://github.com/dbsrgits/perl-dbd-interbase/commits/master
https://github.com/dbsrgits/perl-dbd-firebird-5.8/commits/master

There are still some issues with the server not configuring itself
correctly *sometimes*. Someone with more apt-fu can certainly help to
make it more robust (problem at [1]).

This concludes my dicking around with travis for this week, Oracle and
Sybase will come sometime later (feel free to beat me to it).

Cheers, and sorry for the noise earlier

[1] https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/blob/master/maint/travis-ci_prepare_env#L115