[DBIx-Class-Devel] Pull Request: topic/docs-pod-inherit

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Thu Dec 13 08:03:37 GMT 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 05:22:59PM +1100, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 05:21:53PM -0500, Brendan Byrd wrote:
> > The topic/docfixes_pending branch is ready.  Some notes:
>
> Right. Branch pulled apart as follows. In the future *please* exercise
> more discipline - separate your concerns into branches. While it doesn't
> take me too long to wrangle the patches, it is still a substantial amount
> of time. You can save this time `git checkout -b foo master`
> It isn't that hard.
>
> >From the original branch:
>
> - 08fcd9c4
> ResultSet changed not applied, review/partial branch comes in a separate
> email. Relationship::Base changes applied almost as-is with one exception
> included in the branch in question. The diff of some trivial fixes made
> to ::Base before it was applied:
>
> git diff dad42de6a 08fcd9c49 -- lib/DBIx/Class/Relationship/Base.pm

So - what is wrong with the rest - I simply added the changes inline
and pushed a branch on top of it (topic/more_docfixes_pending). If happy
with the changes and explanations below - squash (important) and merge.

- 3972a442
This is your 08fcd9c49 after being rebased on current master

- 755dc84ac
Same fixes as already applied on other files in master, keeping separate
for illustrative purposes

- c4b49a9d5
Linking to ::Storage in this case is incorect - it does not talk about this
at all. See the discussion of said value in the docs of both update() and
delete(). I suspect we should not link to anything at all (linking to
DBI directly would be kinda wrong too). In any case - linking to ::Storage
is def. wrong.

- d3d7a39c45
You seem to have promoted new() to a method folks ought to use - don't.
Read carefully the signature of new() and the clarifications I pushed in
this branch. Also see https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=78336
for more discussion on why things are the way they are. Perhaps more docs
for this peculiarity are in order around new()?
In any case - the attached diff should clarify how a newbie should be
approaching resultsets in my eye.

Cheers