[DBIx-Class-Devel] Extensively customised test-matrix active on master, smoke/* and topic/* branches

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Fri Nov 30 18:03:55 GMT 2012

After more trial-and-error than I'd like I wrangled travis to smoke
precisely what I want it to smoke. An exhaustive explanation on how and
why this works can be found here[1]. There is still a bunch of things to
be done (just grep for FIXME in [2]), but the main framework is there
and solid.

Please do not disable/skip failing tests before discussing it with the
cabal. While it seems like common sense, last time travis was instituted
a lot of weird stuff got committed just to get a green. Hence this
explicit notice. There is also nothing wrong with having red on a
specific platform for an extended period of time - someone will
eventually get around to fixing it. The only thing that can be
considered a blocker is lack of green on the master branch - this would
indicate it is currently not fit for a CPAN release.

Cheers

[1] https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/blob/master/.travis.yml#L1
[2] https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/blob/master/maint/travis-ci_prepare_env