[DBIx-Class-Devel] Re: [dbix-class] better explanation for optional fk values in rels (#37)

Peter Rabbitson notifications at github.com
Thu Dec 26 16:19:08 GMT 2013

The original discussion on this was:
```
<davewood> can the "problem" be simplified to: "if your foreign key column is not nullable you want join_type => left for complex resultsets to work correctly"?
<ribasushi> davewood: itym s/not nullable/nullable/
<ribasushi> and "for relatonship traversal to work consistently in all situations" (nothing complex about the resultset I gave as example)
<ribasushi> davewood: but yes, that'd be much better - convert it to a final patch and show again?
```

The current patch however simply rewords two sentences, while keeping the original confusing semantic structure intact. Is there a reason you didn't go for the much simpler explanation as in the IRC log above?
I could apply the patch as-is, but it imho makes no difference whatsoever wrt the problem you were originally trying to solve.

---
https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/pull/37#issuecomment-31225950