[DBIx-Class-Devel] Re: [dbix-class] better explanation for optional fk values in rels (#37)

Peter Rabbitson notifications at github.com
Mon Dec 30 16:06:23 GMT 2013

So, all patches in this PR have been incorporated except for https://github.com/davewood/dbix-class/commit/5911039b
```
<ribasushi> davewood: about the cookbook entry
<ribasushi> davewood: it needs no changes, however on first read it seems to imply that DBIC will take care of the nulling and all that jazz, which is not true
<ribasushi> that is - it will work as described *only* if you deploy() from DBIC
<ribasushi> davewood: I think something needs added to this effect
<ribasushi> davewood: on a tangent - I actually have correctly working code to do dbic-side on_X emulation, but it has no tests (part of a larger thing)
<ribasushi> davewood: if you want to spin it into a separate dist - I would be very very happy
<ribasushi> davewood: http://git.shadowcat.co.uk/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=dbsrgits/DBIx-Class-Shadow.git;a=blob;f=lib/DBIx/Class/Relationship/Cascade/Rekey.pm;hb=HEAD
<davewood> ribasushi: I wouldnt mind helping out with unit tests, will get back to you in 2014.

<ribasushi> davewood: so what do you think wrt the cookbook thing?
<davewood> ribasushi: the least would be to add a note saying that this only works if deployed from DBIC and I can also add the SQL needed for those working the other way around.
<ribasushi> davewood: cool, I will keep it in the branch for the time being then, poke me when you have a writeup
```

Currently commit is in https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/tree/topic/nullable_belongsto_recipe

---
https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/pull/37#issuecomment-31352547