[DBIx-Class-Devel] version numbering scheme

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Thu Feb 28 11:58:37 GMT 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 12:23:47PM +0100, Alexander Hartmaier wrote:

> I thought some more about what we discussed on IRC and think that we should
> release the constructor rewrite and the doc improvements together as
> 1.000000. Than we have a feature that justifies the attention Ribasushi
> mentioned and the docs are in a better state for attracted new users.
> The defined version number scheme switch could happen before that or with
> the 1.000000 release.

I can sort of sign-off on that with one addition: what was talked about
on IRC *MUST* be codified in some sort of ReleasePolicy.pod or somesuch.
I know Getty and frew half-volunteered to do it, I just want to
reiterate this is not an optional nice-to-have. I (and I assume many
others) do not want to have this utterly non-productive conversation
ever again - such a document will prevent that.

Cheers