[DBIx-Class-Devel] [ANNOUNCE] A much faster DBIx::Class public trial round three - v0.08242

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Mon Mar 11 14:49:57 GMT 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 12:06:12PM +0100, Alexander Hartmaier wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 8:56 AM, Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us>wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 08:46:09AM +0100, Alexander Hartmaier wrote:

> > problems
> > > >

> > > Has the release and version number plan changed in last weeks IRC
> > meeting?
> > > I thought we release this and the doc improvements together as 1.000000?
> >
> > Are you suggesting that I hold the code improvements once they go
> > through testing until daxim is ready?
> >

> No, release them as TRIAL as you did with the last three but don't announce
> which version number it will get once released as non-trial.

This is now what I was asking.

The question is - what do we do when the rewrite changeset reaches "good
for CPAN" state, and the doc-work is nowhere near finished (started?)
yet. By the way this is what is happening right now more or less: that
is I *really* think this is the last beta, sans some monumental fuckup
on my end.

Were you suggesting we hold what I call 0.08250[1] indefinitely until
the docs arrive?

Cheers

[1] I call it this way because this is how it was announced[1] way
before the 1.0 talk:
http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbix-class/2013-February/011109.html