[DBIx-Class-Devel] 1.0 (again...)

Brendan Byrd Perl at ResonatorSoft.org
Tue Mar 12 21:16:25 GMT 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 5:28 AM, Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us>wro=
te:

> This was not a rhetorical question btw - I am seriously asking: How do you
> actually see the release plan?
>
> On a side note - did anyone plow through the documentation for 0.09
> references?

Easy enough.  Avoiding the Features_09 doc for now, we have deprecation
removals:

(Ones that we specifically said "this will be removed in 0.09".)

DBIC::ResultSetManager
DBIC::ResultSet::search_like
DBIC::Storage::DBI::sth
DBIC::ResultSource::column_info_from_storage  (removed in 1.0)
DBIC::Storage::columns_info_for   (removed in 1.0)

Other things we could kill, since we announced it was deprecated (no
release mentioned):

DBIC::DB
DBIC::InflateColumn::DateTime (Putting extra attributes in 'extra')
DBIC::InflateColumn::File
DBIC::PK::Auto::*
DBIC::ResultSetProxy
DBIC::Serialize::Storable
DBIC::Storage::DBI::Sybase::MSSQL
DBIC::UTF8Columns

DBIC::Relationship::Base::set_$rel (objects or hashref passing)
DBIC::ResultSet::search_rs(foo =3D> undef)
DBIC::ResultSet::search( %condition ) (not \%cond)
DBIC::ResultSet --> {cols} and {include_columns}
DBIC::ResultSet::find (constraintless fallback)
DBIC::Schema::throw_exception rethrowing
DBIC::Schema::compose_connection
DBIC::SQLMaker (-nest in search conditions)
(---) DBIC::SQLMaker::emulate_limit (still needs to transition to DQ)
DBIC::Storage::DBI::on_connect_do
DBIC::Storage::DBI::on_disconnect_do
DBIC::Storage::DBI::select_single returning more than one row
DBIC::Storage::ODBC::Microsoft_SQL_Server::connect_call_use_MARS

SQLT::Parser::DBIC - Supplying a schema via  ... parser_args
SQLT::Parser::DBIC - Custom SQL through ->name(\'( SELECT ...')

Tests that need fixing:

t/60core.t (two referenced 0.09)
t/cdbi/15-accessor.t (might be linked to the select_single thing above?)
Various tests looking for depreciation warnings

Seems worth a 1.0-TRAIL or some sort of dev release prior to the actual
changing of the numbers into a production 1.0.

Features_09
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

> Row/find caching - would be pretty useful

Outside of prefetch?  Sounds useful, but not a show stopper for 1.0.

> Remove compose_connection / DB.pm

Agreed.  See above.

> Syntax improvements?

Easy enough but we'll need agreement.

> ...Blah, blah, blah...

> Moosification - ouch

May I suggest Moo?  And that's a huge step, so maybe that's a 1.1 or
something.

The Features_09 might need some updating by somebody more knowledgeable
than I.  Some of these features seem like they are outdated.

-- =

Brendan Byrd <Perl at ResonatorSoft.org>
Brendan Byrd <BBYRD at CPAN.org>