[DBIx-Class-Devel] 1.0 (again...)

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Mon Mar 11 09:28:24 GMT 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 06:56:02PM +1100, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 08:46:09AM +0100, Alexander Hartmaier wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us>wrote:
> > >
> > > At this point the dev-team is not aware of any issues, so if no problems
> > > are reported for 10 days or so this may very well ship to CPAN as an
> > > official 0.08250 (non-trial).
> > >

> > Has the release and version number plan changed in last weeks IRC meeting?
> > I thought we release this and the doc improvements together as 1.000000?
>
> Are you suggesting that I hold the code improvements once they go
> through testing until daxim is ready?

This was not a rhetorical question btw - I am seriously asking: How do you
actually see the release plan?

On a side note - did anyone plow through the documentation for 0.09
references? For Moose promises? Are the tests 1.0 safe? Where is the
.../Contrib/ReleasePolicy.pod document which describes the version
numbering plan in detail (the thing I mentioned here [1] almost 2 weeks
ago)?

There is a lot of non-coding work to be done, work that *people other
than me* can very well do. So far I don't see any kind of progress, yet
1.0 is somehow "on track". Can haz see commits for starters?

[1] http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbix-class-devel/2013-February/000313.html