[DBIx-Class-Devel] SQL::Statement-based driver support

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Tue Mar 19 13:05:12 GMT 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 08:35:51AM -0400, Brendan Byrd wrote:

> > - We need to generate t/lib/test_deploy/DBICTest-Schema... - augment
> >   maint/gen_schema (and the corresponding call in
> >   maint/Makefile.PL.inc/56_autogen_testddl.pl)
> >

> What about static files?  You want me to just put the SQL file in maint/?

What sort of static files? (give me an example, then I can answer
properly) The thing above needs to be kept in sync with the
DBICTest::Schema:: tree, hence why I much much rather have SQLT generate
it.

> > - The txn_begin caller-guessing thing is a no-go. txn_begin needs to remain
> >   a noop with a carp_once "this driver can not support transactions
> >   proceeding at your own risk" and a hard exception on a txn_rollback
> >   "Unable to rollback - your data is likely inconsistent"
> >

> Does this include internal calls to txn?  In those cases, the user didn't
> actually try to call a transaction, but calls like populate will run their
> own transaction calls.

Yes. The "offending" call in the carp_once message will be the populate()
call, informing the user that the thing will not be atomic anymore.

> > - in t/86ss_csv.t you have f_ext => ".csv/r" - is the odd name intentional?
> >

> https://metacpan.org/module/DBD::File#f_ext
>
> The /r is an extra flag for the parameter.

Aha - whack a comment above the specification linking to that
then, as it will confuse others in the future.