[DBIx-Class-Devel] SQL::Statement-based driver support

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Tue Mar 19 14:00:37 GMT 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 09:49:06AM -0400, Brendan Byrd wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us>wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 08:35:51AM -0400, Brendan Byrd wrote:
> > >
> > > What about static files?  You want me to just put the SQL file in maint/?
> >
> > What sort of static files? (give me an example, then I can answer
> > properly) The thing above needs to be kept in sync with the
> > DBICTest::Schema:: tree, hence why I much much rather have SQLT generate
> > it.
>

> The Schema-SQL-Statement file (in test_deploy) is static.  It started out
> as a SQLite file, and then I removed:
>
> * Default values (no S:S syntax support)
> * Foreign keys and references (no S:S syntax support)

Thse can be solved by either a trivial SQLT producer, or by sanitizing
the DBICTest schema at runtime before handing it to SQLT.

> * A few table removals involving the testing of field types that S:S/CSV
> doesn't support

There is the sources = >sqlt_parser attribute to do this [1]

> * Removal of a single-column table (DBD::DBM doesn't support this)

o.O How is a single column table different than any other table...?
But yeah - sources as mentioned above.

> Yeah, I know; there's a lot of exceptions and crippled support here and
> there.  But, based on the things you can do in the test file, there's still
> plenty of stuff that works.

Sure, I saw the tests - the amount of stuff that works seems
reasonable-ish. There may also be stuff that the DBIC storage could fill
easier than the S::S counterpart. More ideas as I read the stuff in
detail.

[1] https://metacpan.org/module/SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class#sources