[DBIx-Class-Devel] SQL::Statement-based driver support

Brendan Byrd Perl at ResonatorSoft.org
Tue Mar 19 14:51:17 GMT 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us>wr=
ote:

> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 09:49:06AM -0400, Brendan Byrd wrote:
> >
> > The Schema-SQL-Statement file (in test_deploy) is static.  It started o=
ut
> > as a SQLite file, and then I removed:
> >
> > * Default values (no S:S syntax support)
> > * Foreign keys and references (no S:S syntax support)
>
> Thse can be solved by either a trivial SQLT producer, or by sanitizing
> the DBICTest schema at runtime before handing it to SQLT.

Depends on what is "trivial":)  I'll investigate it further.

> > * Removal of a single-column table (DBD::DBM doesn't support this)
>
> o.O How is a single column table different than any other table...?
> But yeah - sources as mentioned above.

DBM is basically a tied hash table.  (Multiple column support works via
MLDBM by serializing the other columns, into a single key/serial pair.)
 DBM doesn't support an "array" table.

Of course, I would counter with "Why would anybody need a single-column
table?", but as with has_one, we have to support strange DB designs.

-- =

Brendan Byrd <Perl at ResonatorSoft.org>
Brendan Byrd <BBYRD at CPAN.org>