[Dbix-class] ANNOUNCE: DBIx::Class 0.02 released

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sat Aug 13 02:26:11 CEST 2005

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 04:28:15PM -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:
> At 12:01 AM +0100 8/13/05, Matt S Trout wrote off-list:
> >On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 03:42:42PM -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:
> >> Don't be afraid to also announce this concurrently on dbi-users,
> >> dbi-announce, poop-group, etc, unless you aren't ready for that wider
> >> group to know about this. -- Darren Duncan
> >
> >To be honest, it's more that none of us subscribe to those lists and don't
> >really have time to read them, but don't like to post announces to places
> >we can't deal with the responses.
>
> Well, at the very least post to dbi-announce.  That's what it is for.
> It is also a very low traffic list, no more than a handful of
> messages per month.  As for poop-group, lately it has even lower
> traffic yet.  I can understand not attaching to dbi-users though, as
> that does have a lot of traffic. -- Darren Duncan

Right. I'm on dbi-announce at least. I also don't really mind not getting a
huge amount of press at this stage; the concept is currently shaking out
nicely but we're still at a very early stage. I'd at least like joins and
prefetch (which would be there already but I've been busy) and dkubb's
Field stuff in there (so we can do an improved AsForm/FromFrom equivalent)
before people start putting this into production.

At least a couple of the releases of Sweet I did were because so many people
had the trunk version deployed on a production server. DBIx::Class is even
less ready for prime-time now than Sweet was then and I don't want people
getting a bad impression of it as a result - whereas those of you who've
been with us from the beginning at least know how far we've come in how
little time (emphasis on the we given almost all the improvements between
0.01 and 0.02 were done by people other than me :)

--
     Matt S Trout           Website: http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk
  Technical Director        E-mail:  mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk