[Dbix-class] RFC: new licensing scheme for Rosetta

Mon Aug 29 10:11:13 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm keeping this feedback session more local at the moment, not going
out to dbi-users etc yet.

Essentially, I want to formalize the fact that Rosetta will be
multi-licensed, such that the actual copyright text in all copies is
the same regardless of what public or private licenses apply to a
particular recipient.

The first draft of my plan is detailed below, and I request feedback on it:

http://darrenduncan.net/OSCON/Rosetta-multi-license.txt

Since tangram and dbix-class are considering using Rosetta as a
back-end, I want to get your feedback first, including on how these
issues may impact you or the users of these higher level modules.

If all goes well, I plan to include these new terms in the
second-next major CPAN releases, the same releases which have 3-part
version numbers and that have indents with spaces rather than tabs.

Thank you in advance. -- Darren Duncan