[Dbix-class] [Patch] PK::Auto documentation

Daniel Westermann-Clark daniel at acceleration.net
Fri Dec 16 23:41:02 CET 2005

On 2005-12-16 09:43:09 -0500, James FitzGibbon wrote:
> __PACKAGE__->load_components( qw|Core DB| );
> __PACKAGE__->load_components( 'PK::Auto::Foo' );

My understanding is that this works because you've actually called
inject_base twice, each time triggering a reinitialization of the C3
dispatch tables.  Though I could be mistaken.

> I would suggest that a better way to describe the requirements of
> PK::Auto and others like it is:
>
> - if it is loaded at the same time as Core, it must be to the left
> in the list of args passed to ->load_components
>
> - if it is not loaded at the same time, it must be loaded after Core

I'd be happy to supply another patch to the docs to reflect this,
pending verification from someone more familiar with the internals.

--
Daniel Westermann-Clark