[Dbix-class] RFC: DBIx-Class-Tree

Alan Humphrey alan.humphrey at comcast.net
Mon Apr 3 20:00:48 CEST 2006

Thanks Aran.  After looking at the code here are my questions/comments:

- The module requires a "position" column in the underlying table to
maintain some notion of order.  How common is this practice?  I've never
done it, but that doesn't mean anything.

- How well will the module play with auto-increment columns?  I see the
insert and delete methods expect to be able to update the position column at
will, so you probably wouldn't want to use an auto-increment column for your
position.  Maybe a note in the doc?

- What's a typical use case for this?  Since every move_* method results in
a call to the database, you wouldn't want to use it for rapid traversal of a
table.  When would you use it?

I'm not convinced it belongs in the main distribution.

- Alan