[Dbix-class] RFC: Documentation/manual improvements

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 4 11:43:56 CEST 2006

Matt S Trout wrote:
> Basically, what additional stuff to we need under the Manual::* namespace to
> make it easier for both newbies and more experienced users to get the most out
> of DBIx::Class with the least flailing/source-diving required?

I just wanted to start looking at the specific methods for dealing with
related objects. So I started at Manual::Intro - nothing there AFAICS.
It gives just two links: FAQ & Cookbook. That's a little surprise, it
implies there's no more basic documentation, tutorial etc. Where should
I go to learn more after the Intro? Why didn't it list the other Manual
docs? Like the index!

Anyway, so I look at the cookbook - nothing about relationships except
for a how to do many to many which is a link to
DBIx::Class::Relationship::ManyToMany. So at least I now know there are
some DBIC::Relationship classes :)

The link to the FAQ gives:

   Not found

   Whatever it was you were looking for, it's not here. This may be
   due to...

     * You made a typo in the URL
     * What you are looking for no longer exists on CPAN
     * You followed an invalid link. If this is the case, please inform
   the maintainer of the refering page

HTH, Dave

PS Rereading the Intro, I see there is a mention of relationships buried
at the end of "Setting it up manually" - not the easiest thing to find.