[Dbix-class] Apache::DBI and DBIx::Class

Doran Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Tue Apr 4 22:20:27 CEST 2006

I'm a relative newbie with DBIx::Class- but recently deployed a new web
application using it. The application works great and thanks to DBIx::Class,
it took less time to do.

The application is implemented as mod_perl content handler. I am using
Apache::DBI, as with other mod_perl applications, to maintain persistent
connections to our PostgreSQL database. However, since deploying this
application, we frequently exhaust our database connections. I think,
perhaps, DBIx::Class is not taking advantage of Apache::DBI.

  "Please fasten seatbelt to prepare for crash."
     -- Seen in a car in Japan