[Dbix-class] Issues with the hook-in point of ResultSetManager

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 15:54:47 CEST 2006

On 4/16/06, Shevek <shevek at anarres.org> wrote:
> ResultSetManager hooks 'table()', which leads to some weaknesses.
> Workaround attached. A better hook-in point should be found. I do not
> suggest one.

While I also think ResultSetManager-related code probably needs some
changes and upgrades (for instance, in addition to ResultSet methods,
we need Result methods - the sub naming thing someone else posted a
patch for, and perhaps default Result/ResultSet class names logically
related to Source names for ->load_classes that Manager uses as well),
a lot of what you're dealing with there is just that the
Schema::Loader and the current ResultSetManager things don't play well
together.

Some fixes to the Schema::Loader could make it better than it is now.
There are at the moment some Schema::Loader tests commented out
because of known deficiencies related to RSMgr.

-- Brandon