[Dbix-class] DBIx-Class-Tree dev release

Aran Deltac aran at arandeltac.com
Sun Apr 16 22:20:18 CEST 2006

I'm about ready to do a dev release of the DBIx-Class-Tree project. I
received a lot of valuable input in the recent thread "RFC:
DBIx-Class-Tree". There were a couple key points:

1) Support DAGs. I've narrowed down some of the basic requirements of
DAG support within the base Tree module. Supporting DAGs should be
fairly trivial. See the DAG section in Tree.pm if you are curious.

2) Rename the attach_before and attach_after methods since writing
$this->attach_after($that) reads in english as "attach this after
that" when actually it functions as "attach that after this". Nobody
has come up with any better name for these methods, so I've not made
any change.

3) Tree::AdjacencyList::Ordered requires the Ordered module which
currently exists in current. Matt - when you last suggested including
Ordered in 0.06001 nobody seemed to have a problem with this. Could it
get in a 0.06002?

4) Created a utility to dig out a component's inherited methods and
create a pretty list of linked methods. Included this list for Tree,
Tree::AL, and Tree::AL::O.

5) Lots of POD fixes.

All of the changes are listed in the Changes file and there are
additional items in the TODO file. Any and all comments are much
appreciated!

Aran