[Dbix-class] Help wanted, Schema::Declare

Sam Vilain sam at vilain.net
Fri Apr 21 08:23:45 CEST 2006

Sebastian Riedel wrote:

>It looks like Nilson has no time atm to finish Schema::Declare.
>So it would be really nice if someone could take over development.
>
>     http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/branches/Moose-Style-
>Schema-Declare/
>
>I can't wait to see this as a DBIx::Class core feature. :)

Hmm almost looks like a Tangram::Schema doesn't it?  :)

Maybe it would be nice to work on a dmbs mapper with a community.  I
wish I wasn't already backlogged, otherwise I'd pick this up.

Well, whoever gets onto it might like to pull ideas from
Class::Tangram::Generator.  That allows you to start with a
Tangram::Schema, as well as have optional sparse .pm files that are
loaded on demand and augment the schema with methods.

I normally found this approach unnecessary, though - just having the
metaclasses available and being able to combine them into a schema was
enough.

Sam.