[Dbix-class] dbicadmin - DBIC and shell goodness

Aran Deltac aran at arandeltac.com
Sat Apr 29 04:48:41 CEST 2006

On 4/27/2006, "Aran Deltac" <aran at arandeltac.com> wrote:
>I've created a script in dbic-current/maint/ called dbicadmin.  It
>allows you to create, modify, and remove data useing DBIC classes.  Once
>I started playing with it beyond my original needs I found that it does
>a great job at combining DBIC and unix shell tricks.  Please perldoc it
>for more information if you are curious.  I'd like this script to be
>made available for optional install to bin/ when DBIC is installed.
>Does anyone object to this, or have a better idea?

Matt suggested that I use JSON as the value for the --where and --set
options.  He also suggested that this thing support SELECTs and the
ability to choose output formats.

I've implimented both and tweaked the interface a bit.  See the latest
dbicadmin in -current if you are interested.  I'm looking for comments.
 :)

Aran