[Dbix-class] Mod_perl Checklist?

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 14:31:12 CEST 2006

On 8/22/06, Nathanial Hendler <nathan at petfinder.com> wrote:

> It seems to me that the dynamic module loading is taking most of the
> time per http request.  Does the dynamic module loading defeat the
> benefit of mod perl?

When an http request is made, are the modules listed in
> __PACKAGE__->load_classes() loaded each time?  Is there a way to have
> these modules loaded just once per mod perl thread?

What on earth are you talking about?  Assuming Catalyst, DBIC, and mod_perl
and put together in the ways one would expect, you should only be loading
the modules and paying the hit that occurs at load_classes time once.
That's kinda the whole point of mod_perl over traditional CGI.

-- Brandon