[Dbix-class] Announce: DBIx-Class-0.07001

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 15:00:10 CEST 2006

On 8/28/06, Christopher H. Laco <claco at chrislaco.com> wrote:

> Krzysztof Krzyzaniak wrote:
> > Jess Robinson wrote:
> >> Many fun and interesting updates:
> > [..]
> >> The DBIx::Class Team.
> >
> > Just wonder, if using Cwd 3.12 will do any harm?
> > (ERROR: Version 3.12 of Cwd is installed, but we need version >> >
> > Cwd.pm is provided by perl-base package in debian/ubuntu and it would
> > hard to provide newer Cwd.pm as official package.
> >
> >   eloy
>
> I'm using a much older version on my AS perl since it decided to fight
> me at every tern when upgrading to the latest PathTools...even w/ ppms
> and removing the original (since AS INC is backwords IMHO).
>
> I'd suspect it's only used for deplying from sql schema files or loading
> from sql schema files. I cou;d be wrong, but I haven't had any issues w/
> an older Cwd. Just lucky maybe.

You probably won't have any noticeable functional issues with an older Cwd.
The reason for the requirement is that older Cwds we've seen shipped by
vendors are extremely inefficient on some platforms (shelling out and
running `pwd` when they could/should be using getcwd()), and this makes a
significant difference to DBIC Schema startup times.

-- Brandon