[Dbix-class] Branch for supporting column attributes checked in

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 2 03:11:56 GMT 2006

--- Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:

> John Napiorkowski wrote:
> > I can't see a way around having a manual mapping,
> > since this give me the best control.
>
> Looks like a massive improvment, and neither can I.
> That's what the
> Storage::DBI subclasses are -for- really.
>
> If any DBD is kind enough to do something sane then
> its subclass can map
> programmatically :)
>
> Other than "get some Oracle people to play" is there
> anything you feel is left
> to do on this branch?

I need to clean up the tests a bit, merge from current
(I've been lax for the last week on this :( ).  I want
to factor out a little cut&paste code, but it's only a
few lines, nothing major.

The last big this I need to do is something with the
new bulk_insert function, since this also is using
execute_array.  I need to use bind_param_array on
this, but I need to read the docs more clearly since
this is a function I haven't used before.  Seems the
same as bind_param with arrayrefs instead of scalars.
I just need to make sure I fully get what:

ArrayTupleFetch => sub { my $values = shift @$data;
return if !$values; return [ @{$values}[@bind] ]}

is doing! I'm planning on playing with that over the
weekend.

http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/trunk/DBIx-Class/

http://www.mail-archive.com/dbix-class@lists.rawmode.org/