[Dbix-class] Branch for supporting column attributes checked in

Jess Robinson castaway at desert-island.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 5 09:29:21 GMT 2006

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, John Napiorkowski wrote:

> --- Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
>
> The last big this I need to do is something with the
> new bulk_insert function, since this also is using
> execute_array.  I need to use bind_param_array on
> this, but I need to read the docs more clearly since
> this is a function I haven't used before.  Seems the
> same as bind_param with arrayrefs instead of scalars.
> I just need to make sure I fully get what:
>
> ArrayTupleFetch => sub { my $values = shift @$data;
> return if !$values; return [ @{$values}[@bind] ]}
>
> is doing! I'm planning on playing with that over the
> weekend.

Hi John,

It's fairly simple. ArrayTupleFetch is set to a coderef that is supposed
to return values for an entire insert row everytime it gets called, and
undef if it ran out of values to pass.

I haven't been paying much attention, so I'm not sure what you need to
amend it for, but it shouldn't be hard, I hope. The execute_array docs are
fairly self-explanatory.

Jess
(who wrote the bulk_insert thing)