[Dbix-class] JOIN patch and inflate_columns patch

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Dec 6 18:51:26 GMT 2006

On 6 Dec 2006, at 18:37, Bernhard Graf wrote:

>>> inflate_columns is downwards compatible to the previous
>>> inflate_column.
>>> After patching inflate_column becomes an alias to inflate_columns.
>>> Which problems do you see with this?
>>
>> What problems did you see with the way I originally proposed
>> implementing it that caused you to do it differently?
>
> I cannot find your posting where you proposed that originally.
>
> Anyway my implementation potentially saves method calls while your
> proposal adds one or more.

A method call at setup time is neither here nor there compared to the
C3 recompile etc., and it'll leave the code cleaner. It also allows
for not actually touching the existing inflate_column code.

Please could you just implement it that way? We've probably spent as
long writing e-mails now as it would've taken you to tweak it as
requested :)

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for