[Dbix-class] How to Install Catalyst on windows

Eric Berg eberg at bergbrains.com
Sun Dec 10 19:30:27 GMT 2006

Immediately this impresses me as a bad idea, unless you're looking to
mess with everything in theWindows environment endlessly.  My new
favorite cool easy way out of dealing with Windows is the freely
available VMWare player (http://www.vmware.com/download/player/) and a
Fedora Core 6, Ubuntu, or Debian image
(http://www.thoughtpolice.co.uk/vmware/).  This will get you up and
running in a Linux environment very quickly.

The thing is that some stuff just wasn't meant to run on Windows.

Maybe somebody has had luck with Catlyst, some DB, etc. on Windows, but
my recommendation is to run as fast as you can to an open platform that
is known to support Catalyst, et al.

-eric.