[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::UUIDColumns

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue Feb 7 19:33:12 CET 2006

After trolling through the new and improved docs for 0.5x, I remembered
that I promised to patch up DBIx::Class::UUIDColumns to be friendly to
other uuid modules, and not just Data::UUID (mostly so it is happy on
win32).

I wanted to get some thoughts before I choked out a patch  in the wrong
direction.

Here was my thought:

Add a private sub looks for an available module (Data::UUID, UUID,
Win32::Guidgen, Win32API::GUID, APR::UUID, etc.) and generates the
appropriate uuid-returning sub and stuffs that into get_uuid

Then I would probably also turn get_uuid() into an accessor instead of a
real sub.

Is get_uuid considered 'private', used only by the local insert(), or
have been people been using get_uuid directly in other things?

-=Chris