[Dbix-class] Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema

Alex Kavanagh alex at tinwood.homelinux.org
Wed Feb 8 15:50:36 CET 2006

Hi

At Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:24:44 -0600,
Brandon Black wrote:

> Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema exists now, although I haven't CPANed it
> yet, awaiting more feedback, it may still need some tweaks to its
> design.
>
> There's a snapshot available at
> http://www.dtmf.com/Catalyst-Model-DBIC-Schema-0.01.tar.gz

I'm getting very lost with all of the database classes!  Have you got
an example that uses:

Catalyst
DBIx::Class::Schema
(and anything else relevant)

Also, does this catalyst model use ::Schema::Loader ?

I think what I need, and could do with some help with, is some kind of
write up that explains what is going on with DBIx::Class,
DBIx::Class::Schema, whether classes are auto-generated and how
everything ties together.

e.g. What does Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema give you that
Catalyst::Model::DBIC doesn't and how does C::M::DBIC::Plain fit into
all of this?

It's all very confusing and really slowing down my Catalyst based web
site development at the moment.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Cheers
Alex.