[Dbix-class] Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema

Alan Humphrey alan.humphrey at comcast.net
Wed Feb 8 19:10:06 CET 2006

Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Plain was originally for creating a
DBIx::Class::DB definition which also happened to be a Catalyst::Model
at the same time.  Because it is extremely simplistic - the only code
in it, other than the Helper, is:

sub new {
    my ( $self, $c ) = @_;
    $self = $self->NEXT::new($c);

    return $self;
}

I believe you can probably re-use it to do the same basic thing with
DBIx::Class::Schema, as long as you don't use ::Plain's Helper.
Someone could probably update the helper to switch to Schema mode during
class generation if they wanted to.  You'd end up with a single class
definition which is simultaneously both a DBIx::Class::Schema and a
Catalyst::Model.  This paragraph is all conjecture, as I haven't tried it.

>> is this even necessary?  Catalyst seems to be able to find my DBIx schema
stuff just fine with nothing special aside from the location of the files.
Or am I taking advantage of an undocumented feature/bug?

- Alan