[Dbix-class] Catalyst Plugin Authentication Store DBIC test failure (fwd)

Christopher Hicks chicks at chicks.net
Wed Feb 15 14:35:16 CET 2006

I didn't get any response to this [see forwarded note below] on the
Catalyst mailing list or irc.  I got similar errors in the installation
of DBIx::Class itself, but they didn't seem to break any of the tests.
Here's a sample from Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::DBIC's
tests:

 	t/04auth-clear.......DBD::SQLite::db prepare failed: no such table: user_role(1) at dbdimp.c line 269 at /usr/lib/ perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 427.
 	DBD::SQLite::db prepare failed: no such table: user(1) at dbdimp.c line 269 at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/DBIx /Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 427.
 	DBD::SQLite::db prepare failed: no such table: role(1) at dbdimp.c line 269 at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/DBIx /Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 427.
 	DBD::SQLite::db prepare_cached failed: no such table: user(1) at dbdimp.c line 269 at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8 .5/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 404.
 	[Wed Feb 15 08:25:14 2006] [catalyst] [error] Caught exception in TestApp->user_login "DBIx::Class::ResultSetProxy ::search(): no sth generated via sql: SELECT me.id, me.username, me.password FROM user me WHERE ( username = ? ) at /root/.cpan/build/Catalyst-Plugin-Authentication-Store-DBIC-0.04/blib/lib/Catalyst/Plugin/Authentication/Store/D BIC/User.pm line 15"

 	#   Failed test 'user logged in ok'
 	#   in t/04auth-clear.t at line 66.
 	#          got: '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
 	#     "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
 	# <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
 	# <head>

And during DBIx::Class testing:

 	t/cdbi-t/01-columns................DBD::SQLite::db prepare failed: no such table: City(1) at dbdimp.c line 269 at /root/.cpan/build/DBIx-Class-0.05005/blib/lib/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 427.
 	t/cdbi-t/15-accessor...............ok 6/53DBD::SQLite::db prepare_cached failed: no such column: sheep(1) at dbdimp.c line 269 at /root/.cpan/build/DBIx-Class-0.05005/blib/lib/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 404.

I've tried a variety of things to investigate what's happening.  I copied
the sqlite db files out of the test directory before they were deleted and
the appropriate tables seemed to be there.  But I haven't been able to
even figure out what is adding the "(1)" randomly.  Any ideas?

--
</chris>

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
             - Bertrand Russell, philosopher, mathematician, author,
               Nobel laureate (1872-1970)