[Dbix-class] Bug(?) and question

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Feb 15 17:18:01 CET 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 08:02:36AM -0800, Alan Humphrey wrote:
> Thanks.  Please do update update to be consistent.

There was a reason for not making it work like that originally; said reason
is, admittedly, now defunct.

> After some poking around, I finally found the doc you referenced.  It's in
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~danieltwc/DBIx-Class-0.05005/lib/DBIx/Class/Row.pm
>
> (reached via this POD chain: DBIx::Class -> DBIx::Class::Core ->
> DBIx::Class::Row)
>
> Like I said, maybe it's just me, but having doc for a key method like
> "update" buried like this makes it harder to be self sufficient.
>
> What would have helped me?  Having the Core methods documented in
> DBIx::Class, at least in a summary fashion, perhaps with pointers to more
> detail.  That way I can go to one place to see what I've got available via
> my DBIx::Class object.

Quite a lot of people have asked for this; nobody's yet offered a script that
auto-generates it off the specific module docs (which would make it easy to
keep them in sync) or even a patch that adds the current set of methods into
the POD for core.

Either would be extremely welcome, but I don't have the tuits, I'm afraid.