[Dbix-class] Fw: Namespaces for own components

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Feb 24 14:22:07 CET 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 09:57:10PM +0900, Daisuke Murase wrote:
> Hi.
>
> What namespaces should I use for my own DBIC components?
>
> DBIx::Class::MyComponent ?
> or DBIx::Class::Plugin::MyComponent ?
> or others ?
>
> Some modules are already using DBIx::Class::* namespace.
> But I think/afraid it cause conflicts with DBIC core components.

I'd probably say Plugin::*, but it's really a matter of taste.

One thing I'd politely ask is could you ask me for svn hosting in the bast
repo if you want to develop a DBIC add-on - keeping them all in one place
means we can better keep track of them, and means if I want to change something
I believe isn't being used externally I can do a quick recursive grep to
check I'm not going to screw anybody over.