[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::Loader::mysql misses relationships

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 07:27:23 CET 2006

On 1/15/06, Dan Horne <dan.horne at redbone.co.nz> wrote:
> Okay, I've briefly tested the DBIx::Class::Loader module with MySQL, and
> it's not picking up most of my relationships. This is because my CASE
> tool adds information to the comments column that is used to determine
> the FK relationships, and as this column is truncated most of the
> relationships are being missed.
>
> Attached is a patch to DBIx::Class::Loader::mysql that determines the
> relationships using a different method. It should get around this
> problem.

Thanks for making the patch.  Definitely seems to be a better approach
than parsing the comments field.  I've double-checked what I can and
it all seems sane, and it works for me.  I've applied it to trunk and
made a temporary snapshot with the new change available at:

http://www.dtmf.com/DBIx-Class-Loader.tgz

If there are no snags for anyone else, it'll go in the next
maintenance release.  Please test this change, whoever out there is
willing and able to do so.

-- Brandon