[Dbix-class] Validation & UUIDColumns

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Thu Jul 6 14:29:46 CEST 2006

Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 20:19 -0400, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>> What's the method to the madness of why pod_coverage.t tests in most
>> DBIC dists are .disabled?
>
> Previously they were throwing up a lot of complaints because a lot of
> the modules have methods which are implemented by a superclass (or other
> class in general), and those methods were documented in the implementing
> calss.
>
> The -current set should have the pod coverage tests enabled now -
> although a significant number of the modules are skipped.
>
> The 03podcoverage.t has a list of modules it does not test (so if you
> add a new module it will automagically be checked for pod coverage
> unless you specifically list it).
>
> [I did wonder about detecting the CPAN indexer magic (the split package
> line) and using that to exclude modules from the coverage tests, but
> decided this method was relatively clean and forced additional action to
> exclude a module]
>
> I've just run the pod coverage tests against -current and its happy
> enough.  Let me know if I excluded something silly/vital...
>
> 	Nigel.

Thanks for the info. I understand -current. I was more curious about
things like DBIx-Class-Validation and DBIx-Class-UUIDColumns.

Speaking of, I went through, un-disabled the coverage test, fix the test
to skip gracefully if SQL::Translator isn't installed (for ->deploy),
and updated the recommends list to add SQL-Translator.

I haven't yet commited anything until I hear something from tomkp or mst
on the matter.

I changed the UUIDColumns version from 0.000001 to 0.01000 to match
Validation for their first releases. I think I still need to tweak the
Build.PL author stuffs to get META.yml happy.

Other than that, they're ready to head up to cpan.

-=Chris